There are many advantages of using mouthwash, but it is always important to remember which product has which advantage. Not all mouthwashes are created equally, and some have no real benefits other than providing cosmetic improvements, like whiter teeth and a fresh breath. Consult with your dentist to determine which mouthwash is right for you.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Depending on the ingredients, some mouthwashes can brighten teeth.
- The best mouthwashes are ones that not only can freshen your breath, but also fight bacteria, tooth decay, and gum disease. Always look for products that have the American Dental Association Seal of Acceptance.
- Mouthwash can reduce plaque buildup.
- Mouthwash can fight halitosis (harmful bacteria that causes bad breath) and can freshen your breath.
- Mouthwash helps prevent and fight the effects of tooth decay.
- Mouthwash can prevent tartar from forming. Tartar occurs when plaque hardens around the teeth. Tartar buildup can lead to gum disease and tooth decay.
An oft-forgotten oral hygiene tool at your disposal, mouthwash can reach bacteria in places that brushing and flossing alone may miss. For more helpful hygienic information, please schedule an oral exam and professional cleaning with Morrison Dental Group.
For more detailed services, you can schedule an appointment with one of our skilled dentists in Richmond, Virginia. We can be reached by calling 804-386-0124 today. The path to a healthy smile starts today!