Dental crowns are among the most common dental restorations and perhaps the most common dental services. They are tested and proved as effective treatments for tooth decay, aesthetic improvement, and completion of another dental restoration in Richmond, VA, and Chamberlayne, VA. In fact, these five services use dental crowns to fulfill their function:
1. Root canal treatment: After the infection has been removed and replaced with medicated material, a dental crown is typically used to cover and protect the treated tooth.
2. Dental bridges: Dental bridges, especially the removable variety, tend to use dental crowns for stability. The dental crowns attach to the neighboring teeth to anchor the bridge in place and provide stability.
3. Dental implants: When a dental implant is used to replace a single tooth, it typically uses a dental crown to restore the crown portion of the tooth and provide a natural appearance.
4. Dental fillings (if a cavity is too large): When a dental filling is not sufficient to restore the damaged portion of a largely decayed tooth, a dental crown can be used instead to completely cover the tooth, restoring both its strength and appearance.
5. Cosmetic Dentistry: Dental crowns are used on healthy teeth as well if a tooth is lacking aesthetic appeal. Teeth that are misshapen, too small, or too short can be covered by a dental crown and thereby significantly improved.
Our team is happy to discuss the services we offer at Morrison Dental Group, and we invite you to contact us at 804-261-4020 today to learn more about dental services that use a dental crown in Richmond, VA, and Chamberlayne, VA.