At Morrison Dental Group in Richmond, VA, and Chamberlayne, VA, we often use dental X-rays to take a good, clear look at your smile and understand what is happening in your mouth. Dental X-rays can reveal health problems before they develop into something serious that requires extensive treatment.
Our team takes X-rays for many reasons, including to:
– Identify any tooth decay between your teeth
– Evaluate any bone loss caused by periodontal disease
– Locate tooth decay in your dental fillings
– Determine if you have an infection near the bone at the tip of the tooth root
– Gain a full understanding of your smile before beginning dental treatment
The types of dental X-rays you can receive include occlusal, bitewing, and periapical. A bitewing X-ray captures an image of the tooth from crown to bone level. Periapical X-rays can see the full tooth from roots to crown. Occlusal X-rays project tooth structure, making the upper and lower arches visible.
We are pleased to provide dental X-rays and many other beneficial dental tools. If you have any questions about your dental health and would like to schedule a visit with our dental team in Richmond, VA, and Chamberlayne, VA, please call us today at 804-261-4020 so that we can help you protect your smile.